Mobile use outstrips Laptop/Desktop functions and is increasing it’s lead. If you don’t get a Mobile App to back up your website, you will get left behind.
Starting at £399 for an entry level business app (plus monthly hosting fee dependent on your need) you could be engaging with your customers in new and exciting ways within a few weeks.
Get in touch to discuss your ideas: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the meantime, read about the magic 7 reasons WHY your business should be getting a mobile app.
1. Be Visible to Customers at All Times
2. Create a Direct Marketing Channel
Apps serve many functions: they can provide general info, prices, booking forms, search features, user accounts, messengers, news feeds, and much more.
One of the biggest benefits of having a mobile app is that all the information you’d like to provide to your customers – including special sales and promotions – is right at their fingertips. Through push notifications you’re getting even closer to a direct interaction, and can easily remind customers about your products and services whenever it makes sense.
3. Provide Value to Your Customers
4. Build Brand and Recognition
A mobile app for your business can greatly contribute to your brand awareness. Break this down into two aspects, the combination of which will make your app a true winner:
- Brand. A mobile app is like a blank billboard sign. You can do what you want with it; you can make it stylish, hip, functional, shocking, or informative. But what you really want to do is create an app that has features your customers will love, while at the same time is well branded and beautifully designed.
- Recognition. The more often you can get customers involved with your app, the sooner they will be inclined to buy your product and/or service. In advertising this is called the “effective frequency”: as a rule of thumb, hearing and/or seeing your brand approximately 20 times is what will get you truly noticed.
5. Improve Customer Engagement
No matter whether you are selling flowers or spa services, your customers need a way to reach you. Having a messaging (or help desk) feature within your app can really make a difference in the way you communicate with your customers. How many customers would prefer to communicate with you via text than via phone?
6. Stand Out From the Competition
These days mobile apps at the small business level are still rare, and this is where you can take a big leap ahead of your competitors. Be the first in your area to offer a mobile app to your customers. They’ll be astonished by your forward-thinking approach!